FAQs - Can I use any stroke during the swim?
- Written by Arthur Lynch
- Category: THE SWIM
- Created: 29 December 2017
- Hits: 1149
- Yes although we recommend that you swim front crawl unless you are tired or in difficulty.
- If you need assistance, roll into a backstroke position and signal for assistance and one of our water rescue team will come to your aid immediately.
- SwimAthy takes place on 27 May 2018 and is an ideal opportunity for entrants to test the water ahead of race day. It is a fully marshalled event, covering the exact course but without the stress of a race environment.
- For details see www.swimathy.com.
- SwimAthy is open to everyone and is a favourite among athletes preparing for long distance Ironman or Challenge events who want open water experience. It is also perfectly suited to first time triathletes who want to eliminate race nerves and acclimatise themselves.